About this time of year on the Reservation in 1931, Boulder Cityities were just getting settled into their new town. Bids for constructing the new Administration Building had just been posted August 10th, and was awarded to B.O. Siegfus of Salt Lake City, Utah, for $46,253. It was expected that about 100 employees would be moved into the building, which would be two-story, include a full basement, an air conditioning system, and a heating plant which would also service the dormitory next door, by January 1, 1932. The adjacent dormitory was planned to be a one-story, u-shaped Spanish type building with accommodations for 40 “bachelor employees,” which included a ten-foot porch that extended the entire 125 feet of frontage of the building.
The Bureau of Reclamation was also working on Boulder City’s first municipal building, which would be located in lots 12, 13, 14, 15, and Block 21, facing Arizona Street. The main floor was to be used for the town post office, and the basement for jail and heating plant. Additionally the main floor would include a court room and quarters for the United States marshal, city clerk, city engineer, and city manager.
Source: New Reclamation Era, Volume 22, Number 10, October 1931.