1. Solar screens and window films blocks heat from the sun that penetrates windows. These window treatments reduce heating of the home in the summer time. This rebate is eligible for all west facing windows at $0.50 per square foot.
2. A solar domestic water heater that supplements an electric water heater will reduce the water heaters electric consumption and is good for a $200 rebate. Replacing an electric water heater with a gas water heater will also qualify for the same $200 rebate.
3. Evaporative coolers on average use two thirds less power than an air conditioning unit. A one-time rebate of $50 per 1,000 CFM is available.
4. Upgrade an existing air conditioner to a new more efficient 14 S.E.E.R. (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) or 15 S.E.E.R. unit for $70 per ton and $125 per ton respectively.
5. Upgrade an existing single-speed swimming pool pump to a more efficient two-speed pump or a variable-speed pump for $100 and $200 respectively.
The city-funded energy assistance program assists eligible Boulder City residents with their utility bills. Qualified applicants receive a 35% discount on monthly utility bills. Boulder City residents who pay a monthly utility bill may be eligible if: they have been a Boulder City customer for at least six months, the total annual gross household income from all sources does not exceed established income requirements, and they apply to the State of Nevada SWSS Energy Assistance Program within 60 days of the City’s application for energy assistance. To remain in the City’s energy assistance program, they must provide the City proof of acceptance into the State program.
For more information on these rebates visit http://www.bcnv.org/conservation/rebates.asp
Visit Roger at http://www.bcnv.org/CityCouncil/Tobler.asp.